We celebrate your admission to Oberlin College! We are thrilled you will be joining us and look forward to helping you begin your academic career. Use this checklist to help prepare for your arrival in fall 2019.
Confirm Your Enrollment
Complete the online Reply to Offer of Admission form and submit your matriculation deposit by May 1. Forms and payments must be submitted through your applicant portal at connect.oberlin.edu/status. The $300 matriculation fee is refundable upon graduation from Oberlin. Please note that under no circumstances will the deposit be refunded if you do not follow through with your enrollment.
If you will not be accepting our offer of admission, please let us know by completing the online Reply to Offer of Admission form at connect.oberlin.edu/status.
Timeline: Acceptance through Orientation
Once you’ve confirmed your enrollment, it’s important to stay on top of a few things to make sure your Oberlin experience gets off to a great start.
- Maintain your current level of academic performance and course load as indicated in your application. Please contact the Office of Admissions should you contemplate changing your course load.
- Inform us of any disciplinary action or unlawful conduct. You must contact the Office of Admissions if you are placed on probation, suspended, dismissed from school, or if criminal charges are brought against you. Failure to do so may lead to the revocation of our offer of admission.
- Before June 1, you must submit official SAT or ACT scores if they were not submitted with your application.
- Connect with classmates on social media by joining the Oberlin 2023 Facebook group. You can also engage with current Obies via @ObieAdmissions on Snapchat and Twitter.
- New student registration forms: A variety of forms related to your enrollment will be available on your applicant portal by mid-March. You can access these forms once your enrollment deposit has been received. Watch for the medical forms, which must be completed by your physician by June 15. You may want to schedule an appointment now.
- Attend “All Roads Lead to Oberlin.” Admitted students and their families are invited to this special visit program on April 4-5, 11-12, or 18-19. These visit days feature opportunities to attend class, learn about campus resources, and interact with faculty, staff, and current students. You can access registration on your applicant portal.
- Receive your Oberlin user ID and pre-register for classes. In mid-May, you will receive instructions through your applicant portal about how to activate your ObieID and Oberlin email account. Registration for certain courses will also become available at this time. You will finalize your schedule during student orientation in August.
- Select housing and meal plans. Registration for campus housing and dining opens June 1 through your applicant portal. For more information about housing options, visit www.oberlin.edu/housing/new-students. Housing assignments are generally finalized by the end of July.
- Request your final high school transcript. We’ll need a copy of your final high school transcript on file before you can start classes at Oberlin. Ask your school counselor to send us your transcript by July 1. Our offer of admission is contingent upon maintaining your current level of academic performance and the high level of personal conduct that were the basis of our decision to accept you. You will not be permitted to complete course registration until we have received your final transcript.
- Make payment arrangements. The Office of Student Accounts will mail your first semester bill covering tuition, fees, housing, and dining. For more information about payment plans and other details, visit www.oberlin.edu/stuaccts.
- Attend new student orientation. Our week-long orientation program for first-year students will introduce you to the wide range of resources available at Oberlin. You’ll also complete your course registration. Orientation begins Monday, August 26, 2019. International students should plan to arrive on Friday, August 23 for pre-orientation programming.
Classes begin Tuesday, September 3, 2019.