We celebrate your admission to Oberlin College! We are thrilled you will be joining us and look forward to helping you begin your academic career. Use this checklist to help prepare for your arrival in fall 2020.
Early Decision Admits: Confirm Your Enrollment
Complete the online Intent to Enroll form and submit your matriculation deposit within two weeks. Forms and payments must be submitted through your applicant portal at connect.oberlin.edu/status . The $300 matriculation fee is refundable upon graduation from Oberlin. (Please note that under no circumstances will the deposit be refunded if you do not follow through with your enrollment.)
Per the Early Decision Agreement, you must withdraw applications that may be active at other colleges/universities and not initiate any new applications.
Timeline: Acceptance through Orientation
Once you’ve confirmed your enrollment, it’s important to stay on top of a few things to make sure your Oberlin experience gets off to a great start.
- Maintain your current level of academic performance and course load as indicated in your application. Please contact the Office of Admissions should you contemplate changing your course load.
- Inform us of any disciplinary action or unlawful conduct. You must contact the Office of Admissions if you are placed on probation, suspended, dismissed from school, or if criminal charges are brought against you. Failure to do so may lead to the revocation of our offer of admission.
- Within one month of receiving your ED acceptance you must submit official SAT or ACT scores if they were not submitted with your application.
- Connect with classmates on social media by joining the Oberlin 2024 Facebook group. You can also engage with current Obies via @ObieAdmissions on Snapchat and Twitter.
- Complete new student registration forms. Most new student registration forms will become available on your applicant portal by the end of March. We will email you when they go live.
- Attend “All Roads Lead to Oberlin.” Admitted students and their families are invited to this special visit program on April 9-10, 16-17, or 23-24. These visit days feature opportunities to attend class, learn about campus resources, and interact with faculty, staff, and current students. Registration will become available through your application portal in late March.
- Receive your Oberlin user ID and preregister for classes. In mid-May, you will receive instructions through your applicant portal about how to activate your ObieID and Oberlin email account. Registration for certain courses will also become available at this time. You will finalize your schedule during New Student Orientation in August.
- Select housing and meal plans. Registration for campus housing and dining opens June 1 through your applicant portal. For more information about housing options, visit www.oberlin.edu/housing/new-students. Housing assignments are generally finalized by the end of July.
- Request your final high school transcript. We’ll need a copy of your final high school transcript on file before you can start classes at Oberlin. Ask your school counselor to send us your transcript by July 1. Our offer of admission is contingent upon maintaining your current level of academic performance and the high level of personal conduct that were the basis of our decision to accept you. You will not be permitted to complete course registration until we have received your final transcript.
- Make payment arrangements. Students and those listed as a proxy will receive a notification from the Office of Student Accounts once your electronic statement is available. For more information about payment plans and other details, visit www.oberlin.edu/student-accounts.
- Attend New Student Orientation. Our weeklong Orientation for first-year students will introduce you to the wide range of resources available at Oberlin. You’ll also complete your course registration. Orientation begins with move-in at 9 a.m. on Monday, August 24, 2020.
- Parent and family orientation for those who can join us will conclude by 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, August 25.
- International students should plan to arrive on Friday, August 21 for pre-orientation programming.
- Fall athletes will be contacted by their coaches for arrival dates.
- Classes begin Monday, August 31, 2020.