We celebrate your admission to Oberlin College! We are thrilled you will be joining us and look forward to helping you begin your academic career. Use this checklist to help prepare for your arrival in fall 2020.
Confirm Your Enrollment
Complete the online Intent to Enroll form and submit your matriculation deposit by May 1. Forms and payments must be submitted through your applicant portal at connect.oberlin.edu/status. The $300 matriculation fee is refundable upon graduation from Oberlin. (Please note that under no circumstances will the deposit be refunded if you do not follow through with your enrollment.)
If you will not be accepting our offer of admission, please let us know by completing the online Reply to Offer of Admission form at connect.oberlin.edu/status.
Timeline: Acceptance through Orientation
Once you’ve confirmed your enrollment, it’s important to stay on top of a few things to make sure your Oberlin experience gets off to a great start.
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores by June 1 if they were not submitted with your application.
- Connect with classmates on social media by joining the Oberlin 2024 Facebook group. You can also engage with current Obies via @ObieAdmissions on Snapchat and Twitter.
- Participate in as many of our Virtual Experience sessions as you can. They include hangouts, webinars, online classes, and more.
- Maintain your current level of academic performance and course load as indicated in your application. Please contact the Office of Admissions should you contemplate changing your course load.
- Inform us of any disciplinary action or unlawful conduct. You must contact the Office of Admissions if you are placed on probation, suspended, dismissed from school, or if criminal charges are brought against you. Failure to do so may lead to the revocation of our offer of admission.
- Complete new student registration forms. Most new student registration forms will become available in your applicant portal by the end of March. You can access these forms once your enrollment deposit has been received. Watch for the medical forms, which must be completed by your physician by June 15. You may want to schedule an appointment now.
- Participate in Virtual Programming. Though we are unable to welcome you to campus for admitted student events, we hope that you will engage with us through a variety of virtual options so that you can better understand what makes Oberlin such a unique and special place. Check our vitual programming page for details of the many opportunities we will offer.
- Receive your Oberlin user ID and make course selections. In mid-May, you will receive instructions through your applicant portal about how to activate your ObieID and Oberlin email account. Course selection information will also become available at this time. You will finalize your schedule during New Student Orientation in August. Learn more about course selection here: Course Planning for New Students.
- Select housing and meal plans. Registration for campus housing and dining opens June 1 through your applicant portal. For more information about housing options, visit the housing and dining website. Housing assignments are generally finalized by the end of July.
- Request your final high school transcript. We’ll need a copy of your final high school transcript on file before you can start classes at Oberlin. Ask your school counselor to send us your transcript by July 1. Our offer of admission is contingent upon maintaining your current level of academic performance and the high level of personal conduct that were the basis of our decision to accept you. You will not be permitted to complete course registration until we have received your final transcript.
- Make payment arrangements. The Office of Student Accounts will mail your first semester bill covering tuition, fees, housing, and dining. For more information about payment plans and other details, visit www.oberlin.edu/student-accounts.
- Attend New Student Orientation. Our week-long Orientation for first-year students will introduce you to the wide range of resources available at Oberlin. You’ll also complete your course registration. Orientation begins with move-in at 9 a.m. on Monday, August 24, 2020.
- Parent and family orientation for those who can join us will conclude by 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, August 25.
- International students should plan to arrive on Friday, August 21 for pre-orientation programming.
- Fall athletes will be contacted by their coaches for arrival dates.
- Classes begin Monday, August 31, 2020.
Contact us at email@example.com.