We celebrate your admission to Oberlin College! We are thrilled you will be joining us and look forward to helping you begin your academic career. Use this checklist to help prepare for your arrival.
Confirm Your Enrollment
Complete the online Intent to Enroll form and submit your matriculation deposit by May 1. Forms and payments must be submitted through your applicant portal. The $300 matriculation fee is refundable upon graduation from Oberlin. (Please note that under no circumstances will the deposit be refunded if you do not follow through with your enrollment.)
If you will not be accepting our offer of admission, please let us know by completing the online Reply to Offer of Admission form at connect.oberlin.edu/status.
Timeline: Acceptance through Orientation
Once you’ve confirmed your enrollment, it’s important to stay on top of a few things to make sure your Oberlin experience gets off to a great start.
- Maintain your current level of academic performance and course load as indicated in your application. Please contact the Office of Admissions should you contemplate changing your course load.
- Connect with classmates on social media. Join the Oberlin 2025 Facebook group. You can also engage with current Obies on Twitter using @ObieAdmissions.
- Inform us of any disciplinary action or unlawful conduct. You must contact the Office of Admissions within two weeks if you are placed on probation, suspended, dismissed from school, or if criminal charges are brought against you. Failure to do so may lead to the revocation of our offer of admission.
- Complete new student registration forms. Most new student registration forms will become available by the end of March. They will be accessible online after we have received your matriculation deposit and generated your Oberlin email account.
- Attend All Roads Lead to Oberlin. Admitted students and their families are invited to a special virtual visit program, All Roads Lead to Oberlin. Check out our virtual programming for admitted students page for details.
- Course Selection Begins. In mid-May, course planning information will become available, and you will have the opportunity to pre-select several classes. You will finalize your schedule in August after meeting with your academic advisor.
- Submit official ACT/SAT scores by June 1 if you asked for scores to be considered and included self-reported test scores only as part of your admissions application.
- Request your final high school transcript. We’ll need a copy of your final high school transcript on file before you can start classes at Oberlin. Ask your school counselor to send us your transcript by July 1. Our offer of admission is contingent upon maintaining your current level of academic performance and the high level of personal conduct that were the basis of our decision to accept you. You will not be permitted to complete course registration until we have received your final transcript.
- Select housing and meal plans. Registration for campus housing and dining opens June 1. For more information about housing options, visit the housing and dining website. Housing assignments are generally finalized by the end of July.
- Make payment arrangements. The Office of Student Accounts will mail your first semester bill covering tuition, fees, housing, and dining. For more information about payment plans and other details, visit www.oberlin.edu/student-accounts.
- Attend New Student Orientation. Our orientation program for first-year students will introduce you to the wide range of resources available at Oberlin. You’ll also complete your course registration at this time.
- Dates will be announced closer to the start of the semester.
Please note: Due to the implications of COVID-19, all New Student Orientation program dates and details are subject to change. Please refer to Oberlin's Coronavirus Updates page for the most up-to-date information regarding our ongoing response to COVID-19.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.