Every winter-term project must have an on-campus sponsor.
Faculty members and Administrative and Professional Staff (A&PS) may sponsor projects. The basic duties of project sponsors are to provide guidance on project planning, support student learning, and submit a grade for each sponsored student.
Specific duties for sponsors who lead group projects and for sponsors of student-led independent projects are shown below.
Group project proposal deadlines for winter term 2020 have already passed, however, the call for project and funding proposals for winter term 2021 will be posted in early spring 2020.
Faculty and A&PS who wish to lead group projects are responsible for:
- Submitting project and funding proposals in late spring
- Establishing and publicizing the project
- Overseeing project finances
- Supporting students in reaching clearly defined learning goals
- Submitting a report to the Winter Term Committee following project completion
- Reporting each student’s grade [completed (Y) or not completed (N)] in Banner
- Submitting receipts and final budget reconciliation to the Office of Winter Term, if your project received funding
Current group project sponsors with questions about navigating the application portal should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Faculty and A&PS who agree to serve as individual project sponsors will:
- Work with students to determine appropriate project scope, identify materials and resources necessary for completing the project, and clearly define learning goals
- Provide students with guidance on project assessment and evaluation processes
- Meet with students prior to submitting the online sponsorship approval form, which is sent automatically from the students’ completed applications. Should you receive a proposal from a student who has not previously contacted you, please redirect the student to the winter term office via email to email@example.com
- Report each student’s grade [completed (Y) or not completed (N)] in Banner
Current individual project sponsors with questions about navigating the application portal should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.