- BA, Earlham College
- MDiv, Earlham College
- MA, Environmental Studies, University of Oregon
- PhD, Environmental Science, Studies, and Policy; University of Oregon
- ENVS 201 Nature, Culture, & Interpretation
- ENVS 219 Climate Change: Ethics, Equity, Narratives
- ENVS 302 American Agricultures
- ENVS 304 Environmental Justice Literature
- Agrarianism and Food Justice
- Climate Change, Cultural Studies, and Social Movements
- Environmental Justice
Janet Fiskio Publishes ArticlesApril 6, 2017
Janet Fiskio, associate professor of environmental studies and comparative American studies, published two articles, “Dancing at the End of the World: The Poetics of the Body in Indigenous Protest” in Ecocriticism and Indigenous Studies. Ed. Salma Monani and Joni Adamson. New York: Routledge.101-118 and “Building Paradise in the Classroom” in Teaching Climate Change in Literary and Cultural Studies. Ed. Stephanie LeMenager, Shane Hall, and Stephen Siperstein. 101-109.
Janet Fiskio and Md Rumi Shammin publish articleOctober 10, 2016
Janet Fiskio, Md Rumi Shammin, and Vel Scott co-authored the article "Cultivating Community: Black Agrarianism in Cleveland, Ohio," which appeared in the Summer 2016 issue of GASTRONOMICA: THE JOURNAL OF CRITICAL FOOD STUDIES.
Janet Fiskio Contributes ChapterDecember 8, 2015
Associate Professor of Environmental Studies Janet Fiskio contributed the chapter “Where Food Grows on Water: Food Sovereignty and North American Indigenous Literatures” to the book The Routledge Companion to Native American Literature (Ed. Deborah Lea Madison. New York: Routledge, 2015. 238-48).