Oberlin College is committed to community engagement and allowing our students to experience the benefits of the Greater Cleveland area.
Cleveland Connect will show students Oberlin’s special opportunities and partnerships in the Greater Cleveland area and ways they can take advantage of them.
- Oberlin is proud to partner with Ohio City for a "Neighborhood Crawl" day. Please visit the Ohio City Neighborhood Crawl to register.
- Future "Neighborhood Crawl" events are being planned. If you have a suggestion for a neighborhood, please send email to email@example.com with suggestions.
Student Union Trips
- The Student Union frequently plans trips around the Greater Cleveland area. Past trips have included the South Park Mall in Strongsville, sporting events in downtown Cleveland, and many other great locations. Please stop by the Student Union in Wilder Hall for more information.
- During Orientation, Oberlin College brought the entire Class of 2022 to the Cleveland area to complete community service and explore the area. The Connect Cleveland program is one that Oberlin hopes sustains our relationship with Greater Northeast Ohio.
- Oberlin College is partnering with Destination Cleveland to provide tastes of Cleveland in Oberlin while advertising the varied experiences of the area to our community. For more information, please refer to the Destination Cleveland website .
The Cleveland Immersion Program (CIP) is a for-credit course that helps connect students with opportunities and resources in the Greater Cleveland area. Contact Greggor Mattson, associate professor of sociology, or Gina Perez, professor of Comparative American studies for more information about the program.
For students looking for transportation to Cleveland for independent purposes, we offer several options. Refer to the Oberlin Transportation website for options including public transportation, Enterprise Ride Share, and chartered excursions.
Professional Experiences and Development
As Cleveland is a thriving metropolitan area, students may look to find professional experiences to further their vocational aspirations. The college’s Career Development Center has plenty of options for students looking for these opportunities.