Become an Oberlin Bonner Scholar
The college's Office of Financial Aid determines eligibility for the Bonner Scholars Program. Students who are eligible to apply will receive an email invitation from program staff.
Students who are eligible to apply will receive an email from program staff that includes a link to the online application. The application has short-answer prompts and a resume. Submission of applications by mail, email, or fax should only occur if there is a barrier that prevents you from using the online form.
Please do not submit additional copies by mail, email, or fax if your electronic submission is successful.
The following must be completed and submitted to Oberlin College:
Bonner Scholars Program application form, including resume and short answer prompts. Students who are eligible to apply will receive an email from program staff that includes a link to the online application.
Two references: At least one of the references should be written by a staff member at your high school. Please identify two individuals who are familiar with your community service experience or with the qualities and activities that qualify you for the Bonner Scholars Program. A member of your family or a friend should not be a referent.
Phone interview: applicants may be invited to a phone interview as part of the application process.
- All forms and documents required by the Office of Financial Aid should be submitted directly to their office. These items are not to be submitted to the Bonner Scholars Program.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- College Scholarship Service PROFILE
- Non-Custodial Parent Statement (if applicable)
- Parent or guardian's most recent federal tax returns