148 W. College St.
Oberlin, OH 44074
The Oberlin College Library, housed in the Seeley G. Mudd Center, is the central library facility for Oberlin College. It is situated in Wilder Bowl in the heart of campus.
The main campus library has a new moniker: the Mary Church Terrell Main Library or the Terrell Main Library, named in honor of the alumna considered one of the progenitors of the modern civil rights movement. Born in 1863 to mixed-race, formerly enslaved parents, Terrell is an 1884 graduate of Oberlin College.
She is a noted educator, feminist, and activist who was a founding member of the National Association of Colored Women (NACW) and signed the charter that established the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP).
The Terrell Main Library is the primary location for materials in mathematics, the humanities, social sciences, and computer science. This library also contains interdisciplinary and general interest works.
College Archives, Special Collections, the Writing Center, and the administrative and most technical services staff for the entire library system are also located in Mudd Center, as is the Robert S. Lemle ’75 and Roni Kohen-Lemle ’76 Academic Commons. Situated on the main level, the commons offers space for research, information technology, and learning assistance for students and community members.