StudiOC offers several semester-long courses each academic year with topics that span Oberlin’s academic spectrum.
Oberlin College and Conservatory faculty developed learning communities comprised of two or three individually instructed courses from different academic departments clustered around a common theme. These theme-based learning communities are multidisciplinary, which encourages inquiry, creativity, and collaboration for both instructors and students.
Explore Our Learning Communities
- Arts of Desire
- The Art of Teaching and Learning
- Forms of Justice: Democracy, Historical Memory, and the Legacies of Violence
- The Science of Aesthetic Experience
- Plagues, Pandemics, and Society
- Sanctuary Practices: Race, Refuge, and Immigration in America
- Arts of Conflict Resolution
- Sports, Culture, and Society
- Arts and the Overlooked
- No Art, No Voice?
- Matters of Fact, Matters of Fiction