What’s better than a hot cup of Slow Train coffee or tea in the cold winter months? How about a free hot cup of Slow Train coffee or tea or anything else a $15 Slow Train gift card can buy you?!
This January, the Office of Communications is offering current Oberlin College and Conservatory students who will be completing winter-term projects the opportunity to win one of three $15 Slow Train gift cards by participating in its Instagram winter term photo contest. The contest will be announced on the Oberlin College Instagram account (@oberlincollege) in early January, and it will run from January 8-31, 2016. See rules, offer terms, and eligibility below.
Every few days in January, @oberlincollege will prompt its student followers to share winter-term project photos and captions that relate to one of three topics: locations, people, and creations. To participate, students must share photos and captions that relate to the most recent prompt using the hashtag #OberlinWT. Each prompt will include a few questions to help students determine what it is they should share about their projects in their photos and captions. @oberlincollege will also post examples of ideal submissions using photographs from past winter-term projects. Students may share more than one photo and caption per prompt, and they can answer as many or as few prompts as they like.
All current students who follow @oberlincollege and post photos and captions relating to the contest prompts using the hashtag #OberlinWT during the contest period will be eligible to win one of three $15 Slow Train gift cards. Students with private Instagram accounts can participate in the contest. To be eligible, they must follow @oberlincollege and send a screenshot of their photo and caption as a direct message.
Three winners will be chosen by Office of Communications staff in early February. Winners will be announced on the Oberlin College Instagram account and contacted directly by a member of the communications staff by email shortly thereafter.
Oberlin College alumni will also have the opportunity to join in the conversation by submitting photos and captions relating to an alumni-specific prompt that will be issued late January. Alumni will not be eligible for any prizes.
Rules, Offer Terms, and Eligibility
- Participants must follow @oberlincollege.
- Participants must be current Oberlin College and Conservatory students completing winter-term projects. Submissions from alumni and/or past winter-term projects will not be considered. Submissions from current or former Oberlin College faculty or staff will not be considered.
- Participants with private Instagram accounts can participate in the contest. To be eligible, they must send @oberlincollege a screenshot of their photo and caption as a direct message.
- Participants may submit as many more than one photo and caption per prompt, and they can answer as many or as few prompts as they like.
- All submissions must be original content belonging to the submitting student.
- All submissions must use the hashtag #OberlinWT.
- Photos depicting individuals other than the student submitting the photo must first be approved by those individuals. If those individuals object, the student should not submit the photo.
- Photo submissions may be reposted by @oberlincollege throughout the month of January. Reposting of photos does not indicate the photo’s owner has been selected as a contest winner or will be selected as a contest winner.
- Winners will be chosen by Office of Communications staff in early February. Winners will be announced on Instagram and contacted directly by a member of the communications staff by email shortly thereafter. Winners will have one week from the date of email send to claim their prize or another winner will be chosen.
- By participating in this contest, participants give the Oberlin College Office of Communications and other college offices the right to use their content in Oberlin College publications, including but not limited to the Source, the Oberlin Alumni Magazine, and Oberlin College social media accounts.
For questions or concerns regarding this contest, contact Lisa Gulasy, assistant director of internal communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ma’ayan Plaut, manager of social strategy & projects, at email@example.com.
You may also like…
May 7, 2020
February 26, 2020
February 5, 2020