Passwords are no longer enough. They can often be stolen, guessed, or hacked, and each year, sophisticated phishing schemes lead to many ObieID accounts becoming compromised. But protecting your digital privacy is easy with Okta.
If you enable multi-factor authentication for your account between now and Friday, February 21, CIT will automatically enter you into a raffle with a chance to win your choice of an Apple Watch or Samsung Galaxy Watch. Both are compatible with Okta Verify, the easiest way to perform multi-factor authentication on your account.
- Open a web browser and make sure your browser cache is clear.
- Go to OberView (https://oberview.oberlin.edu) and launch the Manage My ObieID Account task.
- Enter your ObieID and password and click Sign In.
- Click on your name in the upper right portion of the menu bar. Click Settings.
- Scroll down to the Extra Verification section and click on Setup beside the factor you would like to use. Okta provides on-screen instructions on how to set up each option.
If you have not yet set up your password self-service options, you will be prompted to do so before you can proceed with MFA setup.
Complete enrollment instructions are available in the CIT Tech Support knowledge base.
The CIT Help Desk staff is available via phone (440-775-8197) and in the Academic Commons on the main level of Mudd Center. Support hours can be found on CIT's website. If you need help outside regular business hours, open a ticket at http://support.oberlin.edu.