If you're eating in CDS, chances are either a. you're lazy and care nothing about social justice, or b. you want proper nutrition. In any case, eating in CDS is an Oberlin experience that should not be missed, and no dining hall better embodies this experience than the Stevenson Dining Hall. When eating at Stevie, it's easy to get overwhelmed. Here are five few quick-n-dirty tips to help you make the most of your precious Board meals, Flex Points, and Obie Dollars.
1. Always arrive 10 minutes before closing. Stevie tends to be very crowded before this time. If you break this rule, chances are you'll eat standing up or not at all.
2. Do not talk to Stevie employees. They are paid to cook you omelettes and wash your dishes, not interact with students. You could lose a friend their job!
3. Take some for the road. Stevie allows, even encourages, students to pocket or backpack large amounts of produce, bread, ice cream, and other perishables. Hand them out to your friends when the co-op runs out of lentils!
4. People sit alone for a reason. Let sleeping dogs lie and find your own table. It's rude to interrupt people staring at their food.
5. Make sure to read all signs and notices. Bon Appetit's done a really nice job making sure you stay informed about everyday choices with a global impact. DO NOT DEFACE COMPANY PROPERTY.