Bonner Center


The Bonner Center for Community-Engaged Learning, Teaching, and Research offers rental cars and gas expenses for students engaged in unpaid community service outside of Oberlin free of charge (in collaboration with the transportation office).

Students can use cars up to twice per week during the fall and spring semesters and during winter term.

Before requesting a car, students must be certified to drive college rental vehicles. If you do not have an Ohio driver’s license, you will need to take a short written test at the transportation office. Transportation staff administer the test from 9-11 a.m., or from 1-3 p.m., Monday through Friday. The transportation office is housed in the Service Building, 173 W. Lorain St.

If you have an Ohio driver’s license, it will not be necessary for you to take the test, but you will still need to fill out forms at the office. Each year, for insurance purposes, all drivers must have their driving records reviewed through the transportation office.

For additional details, contact Bonner Center administrative assistant Becky Crawford.