I am excited to represent the Class of 2021 as a bold, emotional, and information-driven voice on the Board of Trustees. Oberlin is in a particularly difficult era of loss and change—one that's pushed us to conceptualize ‘successful Oberlin’ as a more accessible, just, and daring institution. I want to practice respect, gratitude, and care for that Oberlin as our Class Trustee. Board decisions impact many people—students, staff, faculty, community members. I'll push for relationship-based decision-making which honestly accounts for the material realities of Oberlin and increasingly financially prioritizes Oberlin's Black and Indigenous communities, resource accessibility, and climate justice. That's why I want to be Class Trustee—as a board member, I look forward to hard and important conversation with y'all on what it means for us to finally have a say on the board and how I can best make decisions on behalf of all of us.
Find my original nomination here.
- Organized with and Co-Treasurer of Students for Energy Justice
- Student Worker for the Resource Conservation Team
- Served as DLEC, Accessibility Coordinator, Head Cook, and Food Buyer in OSCA's Third World Co-op
- Research Assistant for the ENVS Africatown-Oberlin collaboration
- WOBC 91.5FM 'Dream Archive' co-host
- Student in Law and Public Policy Career Community
- Barefoot Dialogue participant
- Media and Communications Liaison for South Asian Students Association