Oberlin is at a pivotal moment. There is a lot of work to be continued on campus, as the college and conservatory work to implement the Presidential Initiative for Racial Equity and Diversity’s recommendations, as the school enters another phase of considering the One Oberlin report, and as we continue to grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Through my work on campus, I engaged with the Board of Trustees each quarter for two years, speaking directly with them and elevating the voices of student organizers. It’s because of this experience, that I understand how critical it is to have advocates for current students and recent alumni on the board. I’m familiar with the issues impacting Oberlin, as well as the operations and interests of the Board of Trustees; and have demonstrated a level of commitment and experience that will be critical in representing our class as a trustee.
Find my original nomination here.
- Served as Chair of Oberlin College and Conservatory Student Senate
- Served as a student representative on the Presidential Initiative for Racial Equity and Diversity
- Served as a student representative on the General Faculty Admissions and Financial Aid Committee
- Served as a student representative on the General Faculty Equity and Diversity Committee
- Worked as co-Editor-in-Chief of the Plum Creek Review
- Worked as a Peer Advising Leader (PAL) Coordinator
- Worked as a Resident Assistant (RA)
- Worked as a facilitator for Uncovering COVID-19