Winds, Brass, and Percussion
- Performance Diploma
- Artist Diploma
- Bachelor of Music (BM)
- Performance Diploma (PDip)
- Artist Diploma (ADip)
We offer private study and individualized instruction for students seeking to master bassoon, clarinet, English horn, flute, oboe, percussion, trombone, trumpet, and tuba. A range of performance opportunities will help you develop technique and musicianship.
Formed in 1972, the Oberlin Percussion Group provides a forum for students to apply techniques learned in lessons, to hone their skills searching for the appropriate sound for a given situation, to learn the art of caring for instruments, and to discover diverse repertoire for the percussion ensemble. Perhaps most importantly, students acquire a keen sense of the dynamics of ensemble performance.
- APST 276 - Brass Instrument Class 2 credits
- APST 802 - Orchestral Repertoire for Woodwinds 2 credits
- APST 804 - Orchestral Repertoire for Brasses 2 credits
- MUTH 131 - Music Theory I 4 credits