The search to find Oberlin’s next vice president for finance and administration began in December when President Krislov appointed a 12-member search committee along with a consulting firm, Opus Search Partners, to help identify candidates. The move came after Ron Watts announced plans to retire in June 2014, concluding more than 36 years of service.
The search committee, chaired by Professor Ellis Tallman, includes three college trustees, all of whom are alumni; three faculty representatives; five members of the president’s senior staff; and one student. Craig V. Smith of Opus Search Partners is serving as the consultant to Oberlin.
A position description has been developed with input from trustees, staff, alumni, and students. The application process officially opens this week. Updates from the search committee will follow as the search progresses.
Oberlin Vice President for Finance and Administration Search Committee
• Ellis Tallman, Chair, Danforth-Lewis Professor of Economics
• Sean Decatur, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
• David Stull, Dean of the Conservatory
• Debra Chermonte, Vice President and Dean of Admissions/Financial Aid
• Kathryn Stuart, Dean of Studies and Vice President for Strategic Initiatives
• Jane Mathison, Chief of Staff
• Susan Colley, Andrew and Pauline Delaney Professor of Mathematics, Chair, Department of Mathematics
• Ed McKelvey, Visiting Professor of Economics
• Robert Lemle ’75, Trustee, Past President of the Board
• David Shapira ’63, Trustee, Trustee elect to the Investment Committee
• Tom Cooper ’78, Trustee, Chair, Budget and Finance Committee
• Olive Nwosu ’13, Student
• Ginny O’Dell, Search Administrator, Administrative Manager, Office of the President
You may also like…
December 3, 2022
November 29, 2022
November 22, 2022