Commencement/Reunion Weekend is set for May 24 to 27, 2013. Commencement exercises will take place Monday, May 27, on Tappan Square. This year's Commencement speaker is novelist Tracy Chevalier ’84, author of the bestselling book Girl with a Pearl Earring (1999) and the just released The Last Runaway (2013). She also will receive an Honorary Doctor of Fine Arts.
The Baccalaureate speaker is Tarunjit Singh Butalia, current Secretary General of the World Sikh Council-America Region and the Moderator of Religions for Peace – USA.
Recipients of honorary degrees and Alumni Association awards include:
• Jonathan Demme, Honorary Doctor of Fine Arts
• Norma Percy '63, Honorary Doctor of Fine Arts
• David Evans '63, Honorary Doctor of Science
• Larry Squire '63, Honorary Doctor of Science
• Richard Taruskin, Honorary Doctor of Music
• Bill Robinson '63, Alumni Medal
• Booker Peek, Community Service Award
Read more about the Commencement speakers and award recipients on the Commencement/Reunion website
You may also like…
May 23, 2017
April 13, 2017
March 16, 2017