The Day After: A Panel Discussion
Join a panel discussion of faculty and staff across disciplines on the day after the general election. Engage and reflect with professionals and peers on the election results, and the major issues or questions that each person is thinking about.
This is a structured event that will allow for critical reflection on how best to approach the moment as intellectuals, artists, and mentors—not necessarily as experts on electoral politics.
Potential prompts for discussion: What issues or concerns have been most important to you as you have thought about this election season? Despite the significant focus on the divisiveness of American politics, what are your thoughts about and hopes for U.S. democracy at this moment? What might you say 20 years from now when asked about the 2020 election?
- Abby Aresty, Technical Director and Lecturer in the Conservatory
- Jennifer Garcia, Assistant Professor of Politics
- Gillian Johns, Associate Professor/Chair of English
- Greggor Mattson, Associate Professor of Sociology
- Jeff Witmer, Professor of Mathematics
Register in advance for this webinar. Participation is limited to 475. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.