- BS, civil engineering, Bangladesh Institute of Technology
- MS, natural resources, Cornell University
- PhD, natural resources and environmental sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Energy and carbon accounting
- Household energy consumption and efficiency
- Energy input-output analysis
- Climate change policy
- Energy and behavior
- Ecological economics
- Sustainability in higher education
- Urban and regional sustainability
- Environmental issues in developing countries
- ENVS 101 - Environment and Society
- ENVS 220 - Environmental Analysis in Social Science
- ENVS 222 - Local vs. Global: Environmental Issues Beyond Borders
- ENVS 322 - Energy and Society
- ENVS 390 - Sustainable Cities
Janet Fiskio and Md Rumi Shammin publish articleOctober 10, 2016
Janet Fiskio, Md Rumi Shammin, and Vel Scott coauthored the article ‘‘Cultivating Community: Black Agrarianism in Cleveland, Ohio,’’ which appeared in the summer 2016 issue of Gastronomica: The Journal of Critical Food Studies.
June 28, 2019
Associate Professor of Environmental Studies Rumi Shammin is researching the environmental and social aspects of the Rohingya refugee crisis in Bangladesh.
May 31, 2019
American Agricultures, an environmental studies course, exposes students to the history of black agrarianism in Cleveland.