- BS, civil engineering, Bangladesh Institute of Technology
- MS, natural resources, Cornell University
- PhD, natural resources and environmental sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Energy and carbon accounting
- Household energy consumption and efficiency
- Energy input-output analysis
- Climate change policy
- Energy and behavior
- Ecological economics
- Sustainability in higher education
- Urban and regional sustainability
- Environmental issues in developing countries
- ENVS 101 - Environment and Society
- ENVS 220 - Environmental Analysis in Social Science
- ENVS 222 - Local vs. Global: Environmental Issues Beyond Borders
- ENVS 322 - Energy and Society
- ENVS 390 - Sustainable Cities
Janet Fiskio and Md Rumi Shammin publish articleOctober 10, 2016
Janet Fiskio, Md Rumi Shammin, and Vel Scott coauthored the article ‘‘Cultivating Community: Black Agrarianism in Cleveland, Ohio,’’ which appeared in the summer 2016 issue of Gastronomica: The Journal of Critical Food Studies.
Rumi Shammin Hosts Writeshop for Forthcoming Book on Climate Change and and Resilience in South Asia
October 27, 2020
More than 50 contributing authors were brought together to discuss their additions to the edited book Climate Change and Community Resilience: Insights from South Asia , which documents community-level initiatives from seven countries in South Asia, highlighting how communities have been dealing with climate change.
October 20, 2020
Eight students, working from locations across the country, joined with Professor John Petersen and Project Manager Rowan Hannan to play a critical role in advancing the development of the Cleveland Environmental Dashboard project, which was recently awarded its third round of funding from the Cleveland Foundation.
May 15, 2020
Ezimora is applying the professional experience she gained as a double major in psychology and environmental studies as well as her roles as a student treasurer and cochair of the Student Finance Committee.