- Francis W. and Lydia L. Davis Professor of Religion
- Affiliate Faculty, Gender, Sexuality, and Feminist Studies Institute
- MA, religion, Yale University, 1988
- MPhil, Yale University, 1994
- PhD, Yale University, 1999
- "Sexual Pleasure," in The Oxford Handbook of Theology, Sexuality and Gender, ed. Adrian Thatcher (Oxford University Press, 2014)
- "Feminist Scholarship and Its Relevance for Political Engagement: The Test Case of Abortion in the U.S.," Critical Issues in the Study of Religion and Gender 1, no. 1 (2011): 18-43
- Editor: The Embrace of Eros: Bodies, Desires, and Sexuality in Christianity (Fortress Press, 2010)
- Feminist Theology and the Challenge of Difference (Oxford University Press, 2007)
- "Toward a Feminist Postmodern and Postcolonial Interpretation of Sin," Journal of Religion, Vol. 84, no. 2 (April 2004)
- "Reading the Raced and Sexed Body in Alice Walker's The Color Purple: Repatterning White Feminist and Womanist Hermeneutics," Journal of Feminist Studies in Religion, Vol. 19, no. 2 (Fall 2003)
- "Rejoinder: Dialogue Beyond First-Wave Feminism," Journal of Feminist Studies in Religion, Vol. 19, no. 2 (Fall 2003)
- Review of Postcolonialism, Feminism and Religious Discourse, ed. Laura Donaldson & Kwok Pui-lan (Routledge, 2002) in Journal of Religion, Vol. 83, no. 2 (April 2003)
Margaret Kamitsuka PublishesSeptember 26, 2018
Associate Professor of Religion Margaret Kamitsuka published in the Journal for Feminist Studies in Religion.
Margaret Kamitsuka PresentsSeptember 5, 2018
Associate Professor of Religion Margaret Kamitsuka presented at the Societas Ethica Conference in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium.
Margaret Kamitsuka PresentsMarch 29, 2017
Margaret Kamitsuka, associate professor of religion, presented “Abortion and the Maternal Authority to End Fetal Life” at the Duquesne Women in Philosophy 2017 Conference on March 24, 2017 at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh.
Margaret Kamitsuka Appointed as EditorJanuary 25, 2017
Margaret Kamitsuka, associate professor of gender and religion, has been appointed as book editor of the Academy Series that is sponsored by the American Academy of Religion and published by Oxford University Press. This highly selective series is devoted to publishing books that originate as dissertations in the field of religious studies. Kamitsuka serves a four-year term in this position.
Elle Magazine Recognizes Courses by Margaret Kamitsuka, Anu NeedhamJuly 7, 2016
The courses Theologies of Abortion (taught by Margaret Kamitsuka, Francis W. and Lydia L. Davis associate professor of religion) and Women In/and Bollywood (taught by Anu Needham, Donald R. Longman professor of English) were included in the Elle magazine article “63 College Classes That Give Us Hope for the Next Generation.” See the article on this web page.