Gertrude B. Lemle Teaching Center
Modulating Pedagogies: Teaching Across Modes
Join us for workshops and panels occurring throughout July and early August via Zoom. Each of the sessions will take place from 2-3:30 p.m. on the dates below.
Sessions are also recorded and can be accessed by faculty and staff with ObieIDs.
Monday, July 6
- Introduction and overview
- How to run a hybrid, synchronous classroom. Smoothly switching from media, to remote students, to camera.
Thursday, July 9- Taking Stock: What Worked/Didn't Work in the Spring?
- Student Panel
- Faculty Panel
Monday, July 13
- Zoom breakout rooms
- Creating sample “days” of asynchronous learning
- Flexible Assignments
Thursday, July 16
- Making videos Part I (using iMovie)
- Making videos Part II (closed captioning and transcriptions)
- Ipad/tablet and Zoom
- Blackboard Ultra features and course design options
Monday, July 20
- Remote Studios and Labs
- Low-latency options for performing arts
Monday, July 27
- Hypothesis and social annotation pedagogy
- Perusall- a social learning platform for reading and annotating
- Making videos Part III (encoding/resizing for distribution)
- Blackboard Ultra - assignment collection, gradebook, and feedback/grading (audio as well as text).
Thursday, August 6- Building and Sustaining Community
- Community-building strategies from student peer mentoring leaders: PALS, Writing Associates, OWLS
- Engaging with off-campus communities remotely: Experiential Learning and CBL/R in the COVID moment
- Managing difficult discussions online
- Discussion and group work in-person, socially-distanced courses