- Associate Professor of Music Theory
- BA, University of Notre Dame, 1985
- MFA, Brandeis University, 1989
- PhD, Brandeis University, 1995
- Study with Allan Keiler in theory, Martin Boykan and Yehudi Wyner in composition
Awards and Prizes
Fulbright Senior Scholar, 1998-99 and 1999-2000.
Recipient of the American Musicological Society’s AMS50 Dissertation Fellowship, 1993.
Visiting faculty member, Universidad Central de Venezuela, 2000; Universidad Simón Bolívar (1998-99); Instituto Universitario de Estudios Musicales (Venezuela) (1999-2000); University of Notre Dame, 1990-1992, Brandeis University, 1992-93.
Papers presented at the annual meetings of the Society for Music Theory, the Society for Ethnomusicology, Music Theory Midwest and the New England Conference of Music Theorists. Member of translation team for Heinrich Schenker’s Der Tonwille (Oxford University press, forthcoming). Article and review published in Music Theory Spectrum (1993) and the Journal of the American Musicological Society (1999).