Hebrew Heritage House (Johnson House)
Built in 1885, Johnson house is the second oldest residence hall on campus. A three-story mansion housing approximately 30 students, the identity-based house is on the southern outskirts of the college’s boundaries.
The house contains a fully equipped kitchen, study lounges, and the Joseph Elias Memorial Library that offers program-related materials. Academic-related programs and activities that take place here are often in collaboration with Oberlin’s Jewish Studies Program.
Johnson House is open to all students, from first-year to fourth-year. A resident assistant and one faculty in residence live here. Although the house does not have a language requirement many students meet to speak Hebrew.