180 W. Lorain St.
Oberlin, OH 44074
Hales Art Studio is a space on the lower level of the Hales Gymnasium complex that includes the Cat in the Cream Coffeehouse and the gymnasium. Students who take certain art department classes meet here for instruction and to work large in a variety of media including installation and performance.
Built in 1939 to honor Lina R. Hales by her son, G. Willard Hales, Class of 1900, the building was originally used for the women’s physical education program.