COVID-19 vaccines now required for all students
On Monday, the U.S. Food & Drug Administration approved the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. This is another positive step towards minimizing the spread of COVID-19.
You may recall that earlier this month, President Ambar announced that upon FDA approval of a COVID-19 vaccine, all students would have 45 days to receive all doses.
All students are required to either upload their vaccination card or other proof of vaccination. Students seeking a medical or religious exemption, as declared on their vaccine intent form, will soon receive the exemption form via email to complete.
Sign the 2021-2022 Community Agreement
Students choosing to enroll for the 2021-2022 academic year should complete the Community Agreement by September 10.
How to upload your vaccination card
- Open your Student Health Portal by clicking on the link from the OC Student Health website or through Oberview (Medicat).
- Click on the IMMUNIZATION tab, click Enter Dates, and scroll down to Covid -19 vaccine. Enter the date(s) you had the vaccine administered. SUBMIT.
- Take a picture of your immunization card given to you at the time of vaccination. Click on the UPLOADS tab, select Immunization record, click Select File and choose the verification of your Covid-19 vaccine to submit. UPLOAD.
- Take a picture of your COVID-19 vaccination card and save it to your computer or Android device (Note: You cannot use an iPhone or iPad to submit your card).
- Navigate to OberView in Firefox, Chrome, Edge, or Internet Explorer from a computer or Android device and click on the Upload COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card task.
- Read the instructions, fill out the form, attach the image of your card, and click Submit.
Once reviewed by Human Resources, you will receive a notification that your card has been accepted or rejected. Rejection reasons may include attaching the incorrect image, the image being unreadable, or entering vaccination information on the form that is different than what is on the card.
Get in touch with the ObieSafe team
Have something to share in a future issue of ObieSafe Weekly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with story ideas or information you’d like to have considered for publication.