Israel Gutierrez Part 2 of 2
November 2, 2014
Hello listeners! Welcome to part two of our talk with bass trombonist Israel Gutierrez.
In this episode we talk about:
- The space visual art and music occupy 1:41
- The body as a career 3:34
- Interpretation of music as both "academic" and "vernacular" 5:08
- Getting the most out of playing 5:50
- What are you passionate about? 6:34
- Toxic masculinity 7:36
- How music has shaped a culture that transcends that toxicity 8:02
- Wearing basketball shorts to concerts (i.e. accessibility) 9:02
- Sweaters 11:52
Similar Blog Entries
November 16, 2020
Part one in a series in which I talk about my on-going experience as a conservatory student who is considering pursuing a double-degree or a minor in East Asian Studies.
November 3, 2020
Part 2 of a conversation on fear, spiritual realms, and my friend's Latin American Folklore ExCo.