- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
Art history at Oberlin offers students the chance to study art from around the world, including Africa and the Black Atlantic, East Asia, Islamic cultures and the West. Coursework helps develop a student’s historical knowledge, visual sensitivity, and expertise, and hone their ability to write analytically and critically.
Why Study Art History at Oberlin?
- ARTS 150 - Approaches to Western Art 4 credits
- ARTS 299 - Methods of Art History 4 credits
- ARTS 352 - Coffeehouses and Teahouses: A Global History 4 credits
- ARTS 481 - Architecture, Art, and Literature in Islamic Cultures 4 credits
Art History Faculty
- Associate Professor of Art History and East Asian Studies
- Assistant Professor of Islamic Art History
- Professor of Medieval Art History
- Associate Professor of Renaissance and Baroque Art History
- Assistant Professor of Art History
- Visiting Assistant Professor of the Arts of Africa and the Black Atlantic