AJLC in the Media
The AJLC has received local and national recognition since its construction. A history of major press coverage and awards are given here in chronological order.
- One of the 30 Milestone Buildings of the 20th Century, U.S. Department of Energy, William McDonough & Partners
- Top 10 Sustainable Buildings in the World (2014), Energy Digital
- One of the Top 10 Green Projects (2002), American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Build America Award (2001), National Convention of the Associated Contractors of America, Mosser Construction
- Build Ohio Award (2000), Associated Contractors of Ohio, Mosser Construction
- Honor Award (1999), AIA Committee on Architecture and Education, William McDonough & Partners
- 52 Game Changing Buildings Through the Years (2016), Building Design + Construction Magazine
- American Architecture Award (1999), Chicago Athenaeum, William McDonough & Partners
- The Environment and Oberlin: An Update (Oberlin Alumni Magazine, Summer 2002)
- Lewis Center Landscape Takes Shape (Oberlin Online, July 13, 2000)
- Vision 2020 Lights the Way, and the Lewis Center Shines (Oberlin Online, March 29, 2000)
- Lewis Center to Undergo Indoor Air Quality Monitoring (Oberlin Online, February 15, 2000)
- Lewis Center Featured in DOE Calendar (Oberlin Online, January 14, 2000)
- Adam Joseph Lewis Center Receives Two Architectural Awards (Oberlin Online, July 12,1999)
- The Construction of the Adam J. Lewis Center, May 4, 1999 (Oberlin Online, May 4, 1999)
- The Construction of the Adam J. Lewis Center, April 27, 1999 (Oberlin Online, April 29, 1999)
- The Construction of the Adam J. Lewis Center, February 23, 1999 (Oberlin Online, February 23, 1999)
- Work Progresses on Adam Joseph Lewis Center (Oberlin Online, January 26, 1999)
- Breaking Ground , by David Orr (Yes!, Winter 98-99)
- Groundbreaking for Environmental Studies Center (Oberlin Online, September 28, 1998)
- Breaking New Ground (Oberlin Alumni Magazine, Fall 1998)
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Scofield, John & Kaufman, D. (2002). First year performance for the roof-mounted, 45-kW PV-array on Oberlin College's Adam Joseph Lewis Center. 1691 - 1694. 10.1109/PVSC.2002.1190945.
- Pless, Shanti & Torcellini, P & Petersen, J. (2018). Oberlin College Lewis Center for Environmental Studies: A Low-Energy Academic Building: Preprint.
- Pless, Shanti & Torcellini, P.A.. (2006). Energy Performance Evaluation of a Low-Energy Academic Building: Preprint. ASHRAE Transactions. 112. 10.2172/859325.
- Petersen, J & Murray, M.E. & Platt, G & Shunturov, V. (2007). Using buildings to teach environmental stewardship: Real time display of environmental performance as a mechanism for educating, motivating and empowering the student body. Greening the campus VI. 1-10.
The AJLC has been featured in several leading publications, including Time Magazine.