Class Agent volunteers assist the Development Office with fundraising by building relationships with fellow alumni. There are nearly 300 class agents for Oberlin College, and the Oberlin Annual Fund is in search of even more volunteers.
The benefits of volunteering as a class agent include:
- The opportunity to reconnect with classmates, including those you lost touch with long ago
- Helping Oberlin raise dollars needed on an annual basis to provide crucial scholarship and budget support
- Assisting the Alumni Office in keeping our alumni’s contact information up to date
- Helping to increase alumni participation, which is vital for Oberlin’s status in the national liberal arts rankings
- And, the comforting feeling that you are truly making a difference in Oberlin’s present and future.
Being a class agent is fun, simple, and rewarding. We ask for no more than a few hours of your time each semester to reach out to alumni for support, and to thank them for their generosity.
Learn more about the benefits of volunteering for Oberlin as a class agent.
Class Presidents and Vice Presidents are selected by their classmates every five years. Presidents return to campus each fall and then write a letter to their classmates giving an independent report on Oberlin and alumni activities. They also recruit a Reunion Planning Committee of classmates to assist in planning your next reunion festivities.
Alumni Recruiting Network
The interaction alumni have with prospective students is critical in bringing Oberlin to life and in ultimately encouraging a student to apply to and enroll at Oberlin. Volunteers can help by representing Oberlin at a college fair, by speaking with students at receptions, and by interviewing students. More information, including the Alumni Recruiter Information Form, is available online at the Alumni Recruiting Network website.