Welcome Back! Campus Move-In Reminder (Spring 2021)
January 19, 2021 2:30 PM
Meredith Raimondo, Dean of Students
We are so excited to welcome many of you back to campus! Please check the detailed instructions posted on the ObieSafe website. You may also want to print this email as a quick reminder of the steps you will take upon arrival to prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
If you are studying remotely or are not enrolled this semester, we hope to see you at some of the remote student activities being held to welcome our community to the on-campus experience. Please check this link for updated information about events.
New student orientation information
- Quarantine for 14 days. If that is not possible, reduce your exposure to others, wear a mask and maintain 6 feet of distance from others.
- Upload documentation of your flu shot to the student health portal (required)
- Pack appropriately for your initial on-campus quarantine; consider packing lightly to facilitate end-of-semester moves
- Schedule a testing time on your assigned arrival date through OberView.
On arrival day:
- If you have hand luggage, please come to the Science Center Atrium to leave it with the luggage concierge – no luggage is permitted in the testing center
- Go directly to the testing center at Hales for your initial COVID test
- Pick up your welcome bag at the testing exit
- Family should go to the Science Center Atrium for COVID-19 screening. They may wait for you to complete your test in Science Center A154, where refreshments will be available
- If you were on campus during fall 2020: Go directly to your assigned housing for quarantine
- If you were not on campus during fall 2020 or are moving housing: Go to the Science Center Atrium to check in with Residential Education, then go directly to your assigned housing
- Up to two family members may assist with move-in; they should depart immediately after you have completed your move
- Take advantage of online activities – see this link for the complete schedule
- Visit with friends remotely
- If you test positive, you will be notified by Mercy Hospital and will receive a follow-up call from Student Health with instructions about next steps
- Complete Full Measure symptom survey daily (don’t forget to pack a thermometer!)
- Quarantine ends when you receive test results that show you are clear of the virus
- Resume normal activities – the campus is open to you
- Use your green Full Measure pass where required
- If you have questions or need assistance, please call the Dean of Students office during business hours (440-775-8462). If you arrive late or need after-hours assistance, please call Campus Safety (440-775-8444).
We very much look forward to seeing you soon!
VP and Dean of Students