When a student tests positive for or has symptoms of COVID-19, it is critical that contact tracers interview them as soon as possible to determine if any close contacts are at risk. We also reach out to the contacts to let them know of exposure. We have a few urgent requests which are not only your responsibility, but demonstrate your care for the Oberlin community:
- Please make sure that Oberlin has your correct cell phone number.
- Make sure that you can receive calls from unknown numbers as most of the contact tracers will call from their cell phone. Do not block unknown calls.
- If you have been moved to isolation, expect a call from an unknown number and answer it.
- If you know you were in close contact with a friend who tested positive, expect a call.
- Listen to your voice messages to see if a contact tracer has called you. Call them back immediately.
- Talk to the contact tracer when they call. We know that we might call you at times that are inconvenient, but we are making every effort to control the spread of the virus.