110 N. Professor St.
Oberlin, OH 44074
Oberlin’s physics building is named for aviation pioneers Orville and Wilbur Wright, whose younger sister, Katharine Wright Haskell, attended Oberlin and taught them about physics. She was a graduate of the Class of 1898.
The building includes modern office, introductory lab, storage, and classroom spaces. The lower level has space for faculty research and research training activities. Research facilities here were renovated through a National Science Foundation grant. These include labs equipped for infrared spectroscopy, solar cell characterization, magnetic characterization, x-ray diffraction, radio astronomy, vacuum thin-film deposition, and experiments with radioactive materials.
Wright is part of the Science Center complex.