Update from VP/Dean of Admissions/Financial Aid Search Committee
We are writing to update you on the status of the search for a new VP/Dean of Admissions/Financial Aid, following the recent official retirement of Debra Chermonte, after more than twenty-five years of service. This search was on hold during the fall semester to better align with the Presidential Search Committee's timetable. Starting in the new year, the search for a new VP/Dean of Admissions/Financial Aid began again in earnest. Ads for the position have been placed in a variety of outlets, with our consultants at Witt-Kieffer actively recruiting and building the prospective candidate pool. Throughout the coming month of March, we will be evaluating candidates for further consideration. The scheduling of finalists' campus visits for the position will be made with attention to the status of the ongoing presidential search.
If you have any questions on the search or additional candidates to recommend, please feel free to contact us or our search consultants, Jennifer Desjarlais (JDesjarlais@wittkieffer.com) and Amy Crutchfield (email@example.com).
- Chair: Yumi Ijiri, Professor of Physics (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Susan Colley, Delaney professor of mathematics, chair of GF committee on admissions and financial aid
- Olivia Cosio ’18, student
- Deron Essex ’18, student
- Mike Frandsen, VP for finance and administration
- Andrea Kalyn, dean of the Conservatory of Music
- Ben Jones ’96, VP for communications
- A.G. Miller, associate professor of religion and Africana studies in the religion department
- Tim Weiss, professor of conducting
- Natalie Winkelfoos, Delta Lodge director of athletics and physical education with administrative assistance from Ginny O'Dell (Ginny.ODell@oberlin.edu) in the president's office