- Chair and James Monroe Professor of Politics
- Professor of East Asian Studies
- Bachelor of Science, Cornell University, 1969
- Master of Arts, University of Chicago, 1972
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Chicago, 1978
Marc Blecher is professor of politics and East Asian studies. He received a BS degree from Cornell and his MA and PhD from the University of Chicago. His specialty is Chinese politics, and he has published several books and dozens of articles on local politics, popular participation, and political economy in China. His current research on China focuses on two projects: workers' politics and local governments' role in economic development. He teaches about these subjects as well as Asian politics and political economy, Marxist theory, and comparative politics.