The Daub House was built in 1862 as a home for a Massachusetts-born shoemaker. In 1948, Oberlin College bought the house and it became the home of the librarian Dorthy Daub. The house came close to demolition when the Mudd Learning Center began construction in the early 1970's. Fortunately, the Daub House and several other neighboring houses were spared. Today, the Daub House houses the Bonner Center for Community-Engaged Learning, Teaching, and Research.