Oberlin encourages students, staff, and faculty to use winter term as a time to develop and participate in projects outside the United States.
Individual International Projects
Individual students will work with their project sponsor and the Office of Winter Term's Associate Director for International Programs to plan, implement, and report on their project.
Individual international project participants are required to:
- Complete the online winter term project registration
- Register their travel plans with the U.S. Department of State using the STEP (Smart Travelers Enrollment Program )
- Register for an overseas medical emergency insurance policy through EIIA. There is no cost to you for this insurance, but you must enroll with Oberlin's Group ID and Activation Code:
- Group ID: C2EII
- Activation Code: 150424
- Review the Student Handbook for International Projects .
- Consult with the Office of Winter Term as needed for logistical or security advice.
For more information, please see:
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding International Winter Term Projects.
For International Medical Information:
For Safety and Security Information: