The Winter Term Committee awards a limited number of grants each year in support of both individual and group projects
Expenses incurred while completing a winter-term project normally are the responsibility of the student or students working on that project. However, the Winter Term Committee awards a limited number of grants each year in support of both individual and group projects. To be considered, you must meet the required deadlines. The Winter Term Committee evaluates applications and awards grants based on the educational value of the proposed projects.
Individual Project Grants for Students
The Winter Term Committee annually awards a limited number of grants for individual student projects. The range for each grant will be $200-$400. Awards are highly competitive and are based on the quality of the student's proposal.
Remember: Individual grants are not disbursed in advanced.
To be considered, you must show:
- The project must be truly individual — that is, not part of a group project.
- Itemize the budget for the project. Include all anticipated expenses, not only items for which support is requested.
- Priority will be given to those individuals with the greatest financial need, to individual grant proposals that request funds to defray such unusual expenses as fees for renting equipment or costs of special materials to complete the project. Requests for support of travel costs will also be considered.
- An individual grant may not be applied to customary tuition costs, such as for student-taught secondary applied music lessons.
Criteria for evaluating grant proposals include:
- the educational goals of the project
- what the project entails
- who will be working on the project in addition to the proposer (if applicable)
- anticipated time commitment
- what the end product will be
Individual grants are not disbursed in advance. Project expenses (up to the amount of the grant) are reimbursed only after the project has been completed and the required Winter Term Grant Report—with original, itemized receipts—has been turned in to Rochelle Travis in the winter term office, Peters Hall 205. Please do not submit receipts to the Office of the Controller.