The Student Union Committee and the Wilder Hall staff have established the following guidelines for use of the Wilder Rehearsal room, Wilder 404.
- Registration will begin at 8 a.m. on the second day of classes. After the initial registration period, groups can continue to register their members in the Student Union Office, Wilder 111 Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to Noon and 1-5 p.m.
- Each band member receives a copy of the guidelines when he/she registers. Registering for rehearsal room use is taken as knowledge and acceptance of all policies and procedures.
- Each member of the band must register personally. Each band must choose a band name. All information must be received prior to the group's official authorization as a rehearsal room user.
- All registered college members will be placed on an authorization list and will be able to make reservations or pick up keys at Wilder Information Desk. All registered non-college members will be listed as members of the band but will not be permitted to directly access college services, i.e. make reservations or pick up keys.
- A majority of group members must be members of Oberlin College.
- A band must have a minimum of three (3) members, but a maximum of six (6) members. A person may officially register as a member of only one band. However, any member of the college community who would like to play/practice with more than one band may do so unofficially (as a guest). A maximum of two (2) guests is permitted.
- New band members may be added to the band list after the initial registration. The liaison or alternate (with proper identification) must accompany the new member(s) to the Student Union Office during normal office hours.
Each group must choose one representative and one alternate to serve as liaisons between the band and the Student Union Office. These people will be notified of any complaints or rule violations. Liaisons may be called by the office to meet to discuss schedule conflicts and/or air complaints on rule violations.
Registration is on a first-come basis. Room usage authorization is limited. The first six (6) bands to complete registration will receive closet space, if requested (2 bands per closet) and have access to rehearsal space. The next three (3) bands will have access to rehearsal space, but will not be able to use closet space.
- Drinking of alcoholic beverages is not permitted in Wilder 404.
- Smoking is not permitted in Wilder 404.
- Volume of music must be kept low.
- Windows must be kept closed.
- Room is to be left clean and orderly. Each group should inspect the room before their shift starts and immediately report (in writing) any problems to the Wilder Information Desk. A group will not be held responsible for damages reported (caused by another group).
- Users will be held responsible for any damages to the facilities not reported in advance.
- Do not use equipment belonging to other bands. Equipment should not be left out in the room, but should be stored in authorized closets.
- There are ten (18) rehearsal periods available:
- Monday to Thursday 5-7 p.m. and 10-11:30 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday 5:30-7 p.m., 7:30-9:00 p.m. and 9:30-11:30 p.m.
- Sunday noon-2:30 p.m., 3-5:30 p.m., 6-8:30 p.m. and 9-11:30 p.m.
- The half hour between rehearsal periods is to permit one band to pack up and the second to set up. All practicing is to end promptly at the end of the rehearsal period.
- A reservation sheet for the week is available at Wilder Information Desk every Monday at 9 a.m.
- Maximum advanced reservation is one shift per week Monday - Saturday and one Sunday shift.
- Reservations will only be held 15 minutes. After that time, the reservation will be canceled. Any registered person from another band may then walk up and request the room.
- If at the beginning of a rehearsal time a slot has not been filled, any band may schedule that slot (even if they have filled their one reservation for the week).
- If at the end of the first period, no one has reserved the next shift, members from the first shift may sign up for the second shift.
- Any registered OC band member with an OCID may pick up the key.
- The rehearsal room is open during normal academic periods of the year, i.e. begins on the first day of classes and ends on the last day of classes. The rehearsal room is not open during reading period and finals week, Fall or Spring Break, Commencement, or summer.
- The rehearsal room closets must be emptied by 5pm on the last day of classes. Any materials left behind will become the property of the Student Union or may be discarded.
- Users must follow requests made by Wilder building staff, e.g. users must reduce the volume of music being played, if asked to do so.
- Users who violate these policies and procedures may lose their opportunity to use Wilder services in the future.
- Violations of these policies or procedures may result in the contacting of Campus Security. Users may be asked to leave the premises until such time as they can follow the stated policies and procedures.
- In the event of serious violations of these policies or procedures, charges may be filed.
- The Student Union assumes no responsibility or liability for damage or loss of equipment.
- These guidelines are subject to reevaluation at the conclusion of each semester and may be changed in the interest of the college community and other users of Wilder Hall.