- Assistant Professor of Creative Writing
- Bachelor of Arts, Linfield College, 2002
- Master of Fine Arts, University of Iowa, 2004
- Juris Doctor, Harvard Law School, 2007
- Master of Arts, University of Iowa, 2012
Shane McCrae has written four full-length books of poems—Mule (Cleveland State University Poetry Center; finalist for the Kate Tufts Discovery Award and a PEN Center USA Literary Award), Blood (Noemi Press), Forgiveness Forgiveness (Factory Hollow Press), and The Animal Too Big to Kill (Persea Books; winner of the 2014 Lexi Rudnitsky/Editor’s Choice Award)—and three chapbooks. His poems and prose have appeared in many anthologies, including The Best American series, and have been published in The American Poetry Review, Fence, Boston Review, Agni, jubilat and elsewhere. He holds an MFA from the University of Iowa Writers’ Workshop and a JD from Harvard Law School.