Oberlin’s multifaith community offers a variety of religious and spiritual services each week. Visit and or participate in a service of interest to you.
11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Sundays
280 Elm Street
Enter the side door near the garage
Please don’t ring the bell
Dog is friendly
5 p.m., Gazebo, Tappen Square
Mass is celebrated on campus during fall and spring semesters at 5 p.m., on most Sundays in Fairchild Chapel (in Bosworth Hall). Several local priests share the presiding responsibilities. Oberlin students who are active members of the Newman Catholic community serve in other ministries including as musicians, lectors, and Eucharistic ministers. After Mass, we share a meal together. This meal is a continuation of the community’s Sunday celebration together. All are welcome. For more information, please contact the Catholic Life Affiliate A.J. Hoy.
Every Friday, Hillel Shabbat Services take place at 5:30 p.m., and Shabbat Dinner takes place at 7 p.m. in the Kosher-Halal Co-op (Talcott Dining Hall). Everyone is welcome. No sign ups are required. For more information, please contact the Hillel Jewish Chaplain.
For more information, please contact the Multifaith Coordinator.
At Oberlin there is the same great diversity among Protestants that there is in the world at large. The Office of Religious and Spiritual Life (ORSL) supports a number of Protestant spiritual communities on campus, provides ecumenical opportunities for Christian groups to come together, and connects Protestant individuals with the many churches in the community.
- Ecumenical Christians of Oberlin (ECO), a mainline/progressive Protestant student organization, gathers for dinner, discussion, and prayer on Sundays at 6 p.m at the Multifaith Center (68 S Professor Street). The group invites a variety of speakers to lead the weekly discussions on timely topics. For more information, please contact the ECO contacts or student liaison.
- Oberlin Christian Fellowship (OCF), a Protestant student organization affiliated with InterVarsity/USA, offers weekly small group gatherings and holds large group worship meetings two Friday evenings per month at 7 p.m. For more information, please contact the OCF contact or student liaison.
- CREDO, a nondenominational Christian organization that celebrates musical excellence as a gift of the Spirit, conducts a weekly A Cappella Chapel Service (with hymns, scripture, a reflection, and prayer) in Fairchild Chapel that is open to all. For more information, please contact the CREDO advisor or student liaison.
Divine Liturgy: 9:30 a.m., Sundays
SS. Peter & Paul Orthodox Church
2238 East 32nd St.,
Lorain, OH 44055
Students who are interested in multifaith engagement and interfaith dialogue can download ISC Membership Application to participate in a bi-monthly dinner and dialogue series hosted by the director. Currently, there are two groups, Interfaith Student Council (ISC) and First Year Initiative (FYI).
- A Cappella Chapel Service (led by CREDO)
First Wednesdays of each month, 12:15 pm, Fairchild Chapel, open to all.
- Bhakti Yoga Society
Sundays, 7-8 p.m., Fairchild Chapel.
- Chabad, Weekly Lunch & Learn
every Wednesday, 12-1 p.m., Wilder Hall, 110 | Chabad, Family Style Shabbos Dinner @ Chabad House, 111 N. Pleasant St., 7:30pm.
- Christ Episcopal Church Student Lunch
Mondays, noon, Brittingham home, 151 Forest Street.
- Eclectic Christians of Oberlin (ECO)
Dinner and Discussion, 5-6:30 p.m., Sundays in the Multifaith Center.
- First Church in Oberlin (UCC) Free Student Dinner:
5:45 p.m., Wednesdays at First Church, beginning September 9.
- First-Year Initiative (FYI) Dinner & Dialogue
5:30-7:30 p.m., alternating Thursdays
- Friends/Quaker Meeting,
10:30 a.m., Sundays at the Education Center at Kendal at Oberlin. Need a ride? Directions? Call or text before 10 a.m. to 440-5740-9501 or 440-935-3176.
- Hillel Shabbat
Fridays, Services at 5:30 p.m.; Dinner at 7 p.m., Kosher-Halal Co-op (Talcott Hall).
Send email to Multifaith Coordinator Maysan Haydar for more information.
- Meditation and Improvisational Music group in Jacques Rutzky's attic
1-2:30 p.m., Sundays, at 280 Elm Street; Group meets for three consecutive weekends then regroups. Please arrive on time. Maximum participants is 12. Send email to Jared Hochberg to make a reservation or get on the waiting list. Dog barks but is very friendly. Say his name, "Yoshi" and he will smell your hand. He guards the group. Group begins with meditation then a discussion section about music and how meditation can have an impact , followed by a short skit at the end.
- Muslim Students Association
Weekly Prayers, 1 p.m., Friday, Wilder Hall Prayer Room; send email to Multifaith Coordinator Maysan Haydar for additional gathering times and locations.
- Newman Catholic Community
5 p.m., Mass on Sundays, Fairchild Chapel; Dinner to follow, Wilder Hall 112.
- Oberlin Baha'i Club
Baha'i Affiliate Amanda Schmidt is on leave for 2019-2020. Please send email to Multifaith Coordinator Maysan Haydar for more information on activities.
- Oberlin Christian Chinese Fellowship
6:30 p..m., Fridays, International House
- Oberlin Christian Fellowship
7:30 p.m., Thursdays in Hallock Auditorium, Adam Joseph Lewis Center for Environmental Studies
- Oberlin Meditators Group, Meditation Sessions
5 p.m. & 8:30 p.m., Sunday through Thursday, Wilder Hall 325; 10-11:30 a.m., Saturday at Lewis House (extended sit and Q&A session with Buddhist Affiliate Jacques Rutzky); tea to follow select sessions.
- Oberlin Orthodox Christian Fellowship
Transportation to Sunday Divine Liturgy, please contact Madison Schindele. Sunday Evenings: Making of Prayer Beads for beginners and Playing Backgammon for beginners, 6-7:30 p.m., Wilder Hall 112.