The Oberlin Technology Store has partnered with Safeware (1-800-800-1492) to provide warranty coverage and accidental damage protection for computers and mobile devices. The Safeware Product Protection Plan costs only $289 for most computers (see below for details and other options), and provides four years of full coverage with no service fee. There are also two year plans that are perfect for your phone or tablet! Six months of theft coverage (with $100 deductible) is also included! Safeware is an Ohio-based company that has been protecting computers for over 30 years.
If you have any hardware problems with your Safeware-covered laptop, you can bring it to us and we will repair it at no charge to you! Or, if you’re not in Oberlin, contact Safeware and they will instruct you how to get your computer repaired at no charge.
- Coverage up to coverage amount or the cost of the device, whichever comes first, with NO service fee. (Batteries excluded.)
- Four-year coverage up to $1,000 is $219; from $1,001 to $2,000 is $289; from $2,001 to $4,000 is $369
- Two-year coverage for devices (smartphones, tablets, etc) up to $400 is $79, and from $401 to $1,000 is $109.
- Must be purchased and registered within 30 days of purchase of computer
- Covers manufacturer’s defects as well as accidental damage (drops, spills, power surge, etc)
- Covers power adapters, including the Apple MagSafe adapter!
- NEW! Includes 6 months theft coverage ($100 deductable; option to continue after 6 months)
- Service worldwide, just contact Safeware
- This product is exclusive to higher education only!!
- Register your protection plan. See the back of the warranty card for instructions.
That’s total peace of mind, guaranteed!
We are not responsible for any data loss. Users should back up their data regularly.
If you are uncertain of your warranty status, contact us and we can check our records.