Reopening Oberlin in 2020-2021
A Campuswide Conversation with Guests from Cleveland Clinic
Hosted by Oberlin College President Carmen Twillie Ambar
3 p.m., Tuesday, July 28, 2020
Join us as President Carmen Twillie Ambar hosts a live Zoom webinar focusing on your questions surrounding safety, health, and the reopening of campus this fall. Panelists include three guests from Cleveland Clinic and 10 Oberlin senior administrators.
This webinar is open to all Oberlin College students, faculty, and staff. The one-hour webinar will begin with a brief introduction from President Ambar and our guest panelists, followed by audience questions that can be submitted via the Q&A function in Zoom.
This webinar will be recorded for replay at a later time.
Please register in advance using your Oberlin.edu email account. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Cleveland Clinic Panelists
- Dr. James Young, Chief Academic Officer
- Dr. Amanda Hagen, Director of Employee Health
- Dr. Brian Rubin, Institute Chair Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Oberlin College Panelists
- Oberlin College President Carmen Twillie Ambar, event host
- David Kamitsuka, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
- Bill Quillen, Dean of Oberlin Conservatory
- Rebecca Skillings, Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Meredith Raimondo, Vice President and Dean of Students
- Donica Varner, Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary
- David Hertz, Chief of Staff to the President
- Natalie Winkelfoos, Delta Lodge Director of Athletics
- Ben Jones, Vice President for Communications
- Joseph Vitale, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Kevin Brown, Chief Facilities Officer
Cleveland Clinic Guest Panelists
Dr. Amanda Hagen is the medical director for Cleveland Clinic AtWork, overseeing two suburban clinics and multiple clinics located in companies throughout Northeast Ohio. In addition, she is a key leader and developer of Cleveland Clinic COVID Caregiver Hotline for Cleveland Clinic employees who have issues and concerns around COVID-19. She also serves as a consultant for companies throughout the United States for COVID-19 corporate response, reopening plans, procedures, and protocols.
Dr. Brian Rubin, MD, PhD, is a professor and chair of pathology and director of Soft Tissue Pathology at Cleveland Clinic’s Robert J. Tomsich Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute. He has dedicated his career to understanding the diagnosis and classification of soft tissue neoplasms, especially sarcomas, where he is a key figure worldwide. He has organized and led the Clinic’s effort to test for SARS-CoV2, the virus associated with COVID-19. Over 150,000 tests have been performed under his leadership.
Dr. James Young was appointed chief academic officer of Cleveland Clinic in March 2018, where he oversees research and education. He was the executive dean (2009-2018) and is currently a professor of medicine and vice dean for academic affairs at Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University. Dr. Young is cofounder of the Kaufman Center for Heart Failure in the Heart and Vascular Institute and holds the George and Linda Kaufman Endowed Chair.