Join facilitator Irene Bowers for the workshop, Sticks and Stones: The Words You Speak Can Change Your Life. Bowers will share the power and advantages of empathy from the perspective of Non-Violent Communication.
It’s a fact: what we say and how we listen can literally change everything. The tools in this workshop can have a profound effect on your communication and your life.
When you learn to speak with empathy and precision, you can do amazing things:
- Express yourself more clearly and with more authenticity
- Enjoy more resilience, more confidence and creativity
- Share and experience more compassion and courage
- Hear and understand others more generously
- Experience a greater capacity to handle stressful situations and conversations with more calm and effectiveness
- Develop strategies to support yourself and others when triggered
- Develop your empathic leadership skills, which increases your personal and group effectiveness
- See through confusing conflicts into the heart of what matters to the parties involved
- Deepen your sense of safety, and your ability to bring this to others
- Express disagreement in a productive way that supports dialogue and resolution instead of escalation.
Bowers has been sharing Non-Violent Communication, also known as Compassionate Communication, since 2006. Her background includes experience as a writer and editor, and a decade of experience as a communication management consultant and trainer.
She has a bachelor’s degree in communication from Purdue University. Discovering NVC was life-changing for Irene, and she has committed to sharing these tools to help create a world that works for all. Bowers has shared these trainings from Seattle, Washington, to Washington, DC, and parts in between.
Lunch will be served. Space is limited. Registration is required to participate. Please RSVP to register.
Registrations received by midnight on Sunday, October 15 will be prioritized. You will be notified whether you are confirmed for participation or placed on a waitlist as promptly as possible.