Come to 5th Annual Early Modern Recipe Collective Transcribathon!
Feminist scholarship. Seventeenth-century recipe books. And scores of transcribers from around the world. No experience necessary.
- UNCOVER the hidden stories of women from the Renaissance
- LEARN how to read 17th c. manuscripts
- DISCOVER the recipes for making everything from medicine to dessert wine
- WONDER at another era's cooking, health care, shopping, and gardening habits.
- CREATE a searchable, digital text for scholars and students to use
Using the Folger Shakespeare Library's online transcription platform, we will produce a searchable transcription of two manuscript books in a single day. Drop by and see what this is all about. Elizabethan collars optional!
@EMRecipesOnline #transcribathon; Blog: emroc.hypotheses.org