Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following changes have been put into place:
• Oberlin College students, faculty, and staff may rent one work each. To enter the museum, renters will need their OCID. (Oberlin residents will not be permitted to rent this year.)
• Each renter will be given a selection of 5 random works to choose from on a “take it or leave it” basis. There is no need to line up the day before, or to start a list, because the selection of works for each renter is completely random.
• Art Rental will be free of charge.
• You will enter the museum through the front doors and exit through the back courtyard door. Please do not bring backpacks or other personal items into the museum, as you will be exiting the museum via a different door. You may store personal belongings on the front porch and collect them after completing the rental process.
• The college recommends that people who are not vaccinated continue to wear masks indoors and practice social distancing when possible.
The Art Rental process is as follows:
• Fill out a checkout form in advance and bring it with you to Art Rental. Download the checkout form or pick one up at the museum. Cut the form into four, and share with your friends!
• The route will begin at the front of the museum. The number of students entering the building will be monitored. Once inside the museum, students will form a line along the markers provided. If the number of students in the building reaches capacity, you may line up along the sidewalk in front of the museum.
• You will exit through the rear courtyard doors.
Mark your calendar: Art Rental works must be returned on Wednesday, August 18, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. A late fee of $10 will be charged, per work per day, for artworks returned after August 18.