OC Votes and the Multicultural Resource Center are collaborating through Hollaback! to offer a free one-hour interactive training session on how to safely intervene when they witness voter harassment at the polls on Election Day.
Topics discussed include:
- History of voter rights and voter suppression
- Different types of voter suppression and intimidation
- Protecting your right to vote
- Impacts of harassment and threats of violence at polls
You'll learn how to:
- Identify positive ways to intervene as a bystander
- Talk through five strategies for intervention:
Practice-sessions are included, so that you'll be more confident intervening the next time you see any harassment at the polls.
Please register in advance for the October 29 training: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_gI_oCu2ESuOlgV0yHT1FZw
Please register in advance for the November 2 training: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_zHYsThEsT5yeEvMsD9WsLA