Oberlin College considers residential life to be an integral part of a student’s development and believes that having students living and dining together fosters community, discourse, and debate. Therefore, all students are required to live in college housing (ResEd) or an Oberlin Student Cooperative Association (OSCA) co-op and to participate in one of the dining programs through graduation unless an exemption has been granted.

Students with disabilities may apply for a housing and or dining exemption or other reasonable modification by making an application for accommodation. Housing and dining accommodation requests are brought before a committee of staff members with relevant expertise, such as housing, dietary issues, disabilities, physical and mental health.

Refer to the following documents for specific information: