Crowdfunding is the practice of funding a project or venture by raising many small amounts of money from a large number of people, typically via the internet.
How it works:
- A project is approved by Oberlin’s Annual Fund then posted on our platform.
- Using engaging text, graphics, and video, the project is described.
- A funding goal and timeline is set.
- The case is made for why it is important.
- Social media is used to inform friends, family, alumni, and the world at large about the campaign.
- Donors directly support the project that appeal to them the most by making a gift.
Projects are community driven, tailored to very specific goals, and 100% of funds raised go directly to successful projects. New projects will be featured often.
Ultimately, though, this is more than a way to raise money; it’s a way to become an engaged part of the Oberlin community. It provides a space to network and share some of the many Oberlin stories about academic research, community outreach, entrepreneurship, and student projects.
Stop by the site monthly to see the latest campaigns, and make your impact on Oberlin today!