All rounds held in Oberlin will be streamed live from 1:30 p.m., Saturday, July 20 through the 7 p.m. Recital Round on Wednesday, July 24.
The Concerto Finals at 7:30 p.m. on July 26 will be an audio-only live stream on wclv.org. It will also be broadcast on air on 104.9 FM in northeast Ohio.
Thursday, July 18 through Friday, July 26, 2019
About the Competition
Participants will compete in three rounds beginning July 20 in Warner Concert Hall at Oberlin Conservatory of Music. Concerto Finals on July 26 are with The Cleveland Orchestra at Severance Hall in Cleveland.
- All Cooper Competition rounds are open to the public.
- Admission is free to all rounds in the conservatory’s Warner Concert Hall.
- All rounds held in Oberlin will be streamed live from 1:30 p.m., Saturday, July 20 through the 7 p.m. Recital Round on Wednesday, July 24.
- The Honors Concert on July 25, 7 p.m. will also be live-streamed.
- Please note that the live-stream video may not start more than 5 minutes before the official event start time. All times are U.S. Eastern Time (GMT -4).
- The Wednesday, July 24 Recital Finals Round will be broadcast on WCLV 104.9 FM and streamed on wclv.org at 7 p.m. on Thursday, July 25.
- The Concerto Finals Round with The Cleveland Orchestra, beginning at 7:30 p.m., is broadcast live on WCLV 104.9 FM and streamed live online.
- WCLV will feature the Competition winner’s concerto as the “Big Work at One” on July 29 at 1 p.m.
- Tickets for the Concerto Finals Round with The Cleveland Orchestra at Severance Hall in Cleveland, Ohio are available at TicketOffices.com or by calling (800) 686-1141.
Violinists are competing for a first prize of $20,000, second prize of $10,000, and third prize of $5,000. The finalists will be awarded at the conclusion of the Finals performance with The Cleveland Orchestra at Severance Hall on Friday evening, July 26. The top three competitors also will be awarded full four-year scholarships to Oberlin Conservatory, pending admission.
The fourth, fifth, and sixth prizes of $1,500 each and the Audience Prize of $500 will be presented at the conclusion of the Recital Final Round in Oberlin on Wednesday evening, July 24.
The jury reserves the right to withhold an award; in the event of a tie, the prize money of the prize won and that of the next prize(s) in the ranking will be added up and distributed equally.
For the latest results from the competition, follow us on Facebook .