July 13–22, 2017
About the Competition
Participants will compete in three rounds beginning July 15 in Warner Concert Hall at Oberlin Conservatory of Music. Concerto Finals on July 21 are with The Cleveland Orchestra at Severance Hall in Cleveland.
- All Cooper Competition rounds are open to the public.
- Admission is free to all rounds in the conservatory’s Warner Concert Hall.
- All events held in Oberlin will be streamed live on our homepage from 1:30 p.m., Saturday, July 15 through the Thursday, July 20 Honors Concert. See the complete schedule.
- Please note that the video may not start more than 5 minutes before the official event start time. All times are U.S. Eastern Time.
- The Recital Finals Round and Finals Round with The Cleveland Orchestra are broadcast live on WCLV 104.9 FM and streamed live online.
- Tickets for the Final Round with The Cleveland Orchestra at Severance Hall in Cleveland, Ohio are available at www.clevelandorchestra.com or by calling (800) 686-1141.
Violinists are competing for a first prize of $20,000, second prize of $10,000, and third prize of $5,000. The finalists will be awarded at the conclusion of the Finals performance with The Cleveland Orchestra at Severance Hall on Friday evening, July 21. The top three competitors also will be awarded full four-year scholarships to Oberlin Conservatory, pending admission.
The fourth, fifth, and sixth prizes of $1,500 each and the Audience Prize of $500 will be presented at the conclusion of the Recital Final Round in Oberlin on Wednesday evening, July 19.
The jury reserves the right to withhold an award; in the event of a tie, the prize money of the prize won and that of the next prize(s) in the ranking will be added up and distributed equally.