Oberlin College is committed to supporting and investing in the local community.
The Community Transformation Campaign aims to provide charitable donations to community organizations through an employee payroll deduction program. The Office of Community and Government Relations also offers funds through our Program Funding Application to support local events and programs.
The Office of Community and Government Relations partners with community organizations to help sponsor events that fall within the purview of the office’s mission. To request funding through Community and Government Relations, please contact the office.
Regional organizations and agencies that would like to seek sponsorship from the Office of Community and Government Relations are welcome to complete our online application. Through our previously funded initiatives, the office supported many local organizations.
Examples of events and programs funded through the office’s Program Funding Application include:
- Oberlin Police Department – Shop with a Cop
- Langston Middle School – Eighth Grade Washington D.C. Trip
- City of Oberlin Recreation Department – Summer Camp Bowling
- Oberlin Business Partnership – Summer Concert Series
- Oberlin Community Services – Empty Bowls Holiday Event
- Family Promise of Lorain County – Homeless Benefit Concert
- Salvation Army of Lorain County – 49/9 Program
- Oberlin City Schools – PTO Organization
- Oberlin NAACP Chapter – Annual Banquet
- The DuBois Project – Math Summer Camp